• Page:

TOPIC: Reminders/CRON

Reminders/CRON 6 years 4 months ago #27297

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to set up reminders for a client and I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

1. When does the Reminder send out in relation to the event date and time? I have an event that takes place at 11 AM Pacific Time on Friday, December 8, 2017. I created a Reminder message set to 2 days prior.

2. I set up a CRON as follows:

/usr/local/bin/php -f /home/[clientsite]/public_html/components/com_dtregister/cron.php

{[clientsite] is actually the path without the brackets).

This is the same path as I use for Akeeba Backup, which works successfully. The only difference is the -f parameter, which Akeeba doesn't have. I'm not sure what the -f parameter does in DT Register's CRON.

It's set to run twice a day a midnight and noon (0,12).

I had originally set the Reminder to send the message 8 days prior, but it didn't work. I went in and tweaked the time settings in the CRON, but the message still didn't send last night.

When I set the "days prior" to 2, does that include the event date? So by setting it to 2 it actually will send at midnight tonight (the 6th)?

Any clarification so that I can be sure this is working right would be helpful. I'd like to set it up for other website clients as well, and want to be sure it's set up properly.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reminders/CRON 6 years 4 months ago #27298

• ernienet
  • ernienet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The email didn't run last night as I had hoped. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If there's additional information needed, please let me know.

Thank you,
Ernie

Reminders/CRON 6 years 4 months ago #27313

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
Hey Ernie! We have just updated the package to 3.2.7. Please update and see if you still have an issue with your cron job. We did find in another client site some issues with the cron job functionality in the last update. If you still have issues after updating, check your error logs to see what you can find that could be related and submit a ticket with that info. Thanks!

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds