Well, I guess it's time for another DT Register update... I mean it's been about two weeks since the last one! We have addressed a few fixes, but also brought to you some great new features... features that no other solution can offer you by the way... of course, that is much like many of our other features. DT Register continues to be the only Joomla event registration solution with this level of power, features and customization options. So here is what the new 2.6.6 release has for you:
• Conditional Custom Fields! Yes, we have answered your desperate cries for such a feature and it is now here. Custom Field functionality in DT Register was already far above any other solution... now it's even better. How does it work? When creating or editing a custom field, you can now choose another existing custom field that will make the new field conditional... meaning it will only show if certain other field options are selected by the user. You can pick from any of your fields of type dropdown, radio button or checkbox. Then you'll see all of the existing values from the selected field. You mark the desired value(s), then that will say that when the user chooses that value in that specific custom field, then the new custom field will dynamically appear. This will allow you even more power for selling additional items during registration as well as keeping your forms cleaner... only showing the fields that are needed for that specific user. See the new custom fields video tutorial and our demo site for examples of how this works!
• Custom Field Tooltips - Previously, the description in the backend of a custom field was not actually displayed anywhere on the frontend. Now, if you enter a description, it will show on the frontend as a tooltip help item for your users.
• New record status options - previously a new record would always be "Active" in status. Now you can set what the default status is for three different different types of records: Fully paid, partially paid, or Pay Later (offline) records. Now, your new records could default as "Pending" if you prefer. Then you can manually change it to "Active" whenever YOU want to. Of course, there is already a custom email available to send users automatically after the record status is changed... so you can use that too as needed.
BUG FIXES SINCE 2.6.5:
• Uploading images for a location were not displaying in some cases.
• JQuery fixes to resolve some miscellaneous IE issues, mostly on the admin side.
• Backend count of # times a discount code was used was not considering cancelled records.
• User Panel editing of a group registration was not using the appropriate fields for editing and adding group members.
• When using PayPal, partial payment records were being marked as Paid even though it wasn't a full payment.
• Backend manual registrations were not calculating early bird discounts when applicable.
• Cut-Off date message was stripping out HTML styling.
• Custom field fees were not always applying to a final group billing page.
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.