First, WHAT is the role of our EventLink plugin:
- when you assign a Joomla article to an event, this plugin automatically adds a Register button at the bottom of the article.
- when you use the optional sync with JEvents, this plugin automatically adds a Register button in the details view of the JEvents calendar item.
- using the plugin code, you can embed a Register button pretty much anywhere else in your site!
Here is how to use the DT Register EventLink plugin that comes with DT Register for Joomla 1.5:
1) Install the plug_dtregister plugin by going to:
Extensions -> Install/Uninstall
2) After successful installation, go to the Plugin Manager to see the list of installed plugins. Find the DT Register one you just installed and click the name to open it.
3) Change Published to "Yes"
4) On the right, you'll see a SSL parameter. Set this to NO if you do not have a SSL certificate on your domain. Set this to YES if you DO have a SSL cert. This will make your embedded registration links use the "https" secure url. Also, make sure you have our SSL plugin installed if you need your whole registration process to be secure.
5) Set the Link Type and Show Link. This allows you to choose to use an image or text link for the embedded registration links.
6) Set the Link Alignment... Left, Centered, or Right aligned.
7) Set "Show Link to Main DT Register Page" - This gives you the ability to also have a link back to the main list of events or the calendar view. Or select No to disable the additional button.
Show Time in Dropdown - when you assign multiple events to the same article, a dropdown shows under the Register button giving a selection of the assigned events. By default, the dropdown shows the event title and date. If you want the TIME of the events to also be included, set this to YES.
MANUAL INSERTION OF THE REGISTER BUTTON:
If you want to embed this plugin button in a different article, or in the same article but just in a position other than the bottom, or in some other location in your site... insert this code:
In place of "eventID", insert the actual number of the event. In the backend event management area, you can see the ID number of each event. This is what you should use. ALSO, remove "EDIT" from the two places you see it above. In the brackets is "dtregister"... NOT "dtregisterEDIT". The "EDIT" was added to keep the plugin from converting the tag here to the event link.
So the embedded plugin code will actually look something like this:
(without the "EDIT" as mentioned above.)