Just about 3 weeks from our last big update, we now have made available version 2.8.2 for DT Register in Joomla 2.5! The version for 1.5 has a couple bug fixes, but the 2.5 version continues to make big advances. This update contains a number of fixes, but also brings new features and improvements to the package. As always, we are working hard for our dedicated users!
As before, the 2.8.x series is for Joomla 1.7/2.5 only. The 1.5 version has been updated to 2.7.19b in this new package update containing a couple small fixes. Version 2.8.x and beyond leaves Joomla 1.5 behind. Since the last 2.8.1 release, here is what we have done for you:
FEATURES & FIXES in 1.7/2.5 Version:
- New print feature on the final thanks message page! This can be enabled/disabled in configuration, but when enabled, a print button appears above the thanks message so the user can print whatever your final message says. As you should already be aware, that thanks message can display any needed data using available email tags.
- New Zip Code Radius Search option! When enabled in configuration, the event listing view can now display a new search option giving a field to enter a zip code, then a selection for X miles/kilometers from that zip code. Then the user gets an updated list of events within that search radius, including a column showing what the distance is. Configuration also has a parameter to choose from miles or kilometers.
- New features for Location Management! Now each location has a latitude and longitude setting. This is auto-calculated as you create/edit a location, but you can manually change it as well. This is needed for the zip radius search to work, but also allows you to adjust the mapping location as shown in the frontend location details. ALSO, you can now set a Location Owner. This allows you to control what locations users can use for their events, as well as which locations they can manage. A location marked as "Global" can be used by any user. After upgrading, each location will need re-saved to make sure the lat/long is generated as well as an appropriate owner is selected for the location. The permissions matrix also no longer has "Create Location" and "Edit Location", but has just "Manage Locations". Be sure to verify and re-save permissions after updating.
- New group size warning display. This can be enabled/disabled and set to show a warning during group registrations once the event capacity has X number of spaces remaining. This will help users as they build their group registration in the new 2.8 group system, making sure they know how many spots are available as they go.
- Modified the existing search field on the event listing view so location data (title, city, zip, etc) is also check in the search query.
- Modified the event selection dropdown in records management to properly show/hide events based on the archive filter.
- Updates to the Korta payment gateway allowing the collection of the last 4 digits of a credit card number to be stored and displayed.
- Updated the Search module to add the new zip code radius search option there as well.
- Fixed issue where the group billing page allowed you to delete ALL members of a group. Now you can not delete members if the number of members is equal to the minimum group size for the event.
- Fixed issue that while users could not see events in the event management listing that they did not have access to manage... the select event dropdown filter DID show other events.
- Fixed issue where users were able to bypass selection limits on a field when navigating the form using keyboard controls (tab, spacebar) instead of just mouse-clicking on the field options.
- Fixed issue where event admin manually added group members did not receive a unique confirmation number.
- Fixed issue that affected successful payment completion on sites where additional security measures had been taken where the Joomla configuration.php was moved to a different location.
- Fixed issue where in some cases, a record that was cancelled in the frontend user panel was not updated to a "Cancelled" status.
- Fixed issue with textual field email tags so the fields can be displayed in emails just like any other field tag.
- Check your frontend template overrides. There are important frontend /views html changes in the folders:
FIXES in 1.5 Version:
- Fixed email field validation issue that could affect duplicate registration prevention or any possible functions.
What is the Status for Joomla 3.0?
We are working to finish our DT Register 3.0 version for Joomla 3.0. It is coming along and will be available soon! No set date yet as it's a bit too early to say, but this is our priority item at the moment. However, we do not recommend that anyone actually use Joomla 3.0 in a live site yet. We'd suggest waiting to at least 3.1. Just know that we are working on it though and once it's done for DT Register, we'll do the same for our other extensions.
Top 100 Joomla Extensions... includes DT REGISTER!!
As you may have seen, Savvy Panda has released a Top 100 Joomla Extensions list. DT Register made #17! This list represents 1% of all extensions. See the list (and vote for DT Register!!) at http://savvypanda.com/Top100JoomlaExtensions.
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.
Make sure you read the docs inside of the new package and follow the instructions for upgrading!! We appreciate the support of our DTH followers and look forward to ongoing development with you all!