Last month, we released a great new advance forward for DT Register as version 2.8. While this was a great release, we continue to push towards even greater! We have now made available version 2.8.1! This is mainly a bug fix release, but does contain a new module and other improvements.
IMPORTANT: We loaded the 2.8.1 package into the system 2 days ago but had not announced it yet as we found a couple of issues. If you downloaded 2.8.1 already (prior to today), please download it again.
As before, the 2.8.x series is for Joomla 1.7/2.5 only. The 1.5 version has been updated to 2.7.19a in this new package update containing a small fix. Version 2.8.x and beyond leaves Joomla 1.5 behind. Since the initial 2.8.0 release, here is what has been done:
FEATURES & FIXES in 1.7/2.5 version Only:
- New Mini-Calendar Module!! Yes, finally, we have included a mini-cal module for DT Register and you will find it in this 2.8.1 package update. The module allows users to click a date to see a list (calendar or list view) of events for that date.
- Added a new configuration parameter allowing you to set that events will be hidden from list and calendar views when the capacity reaches a full state. Applies to updated Upcoming Events module also.
- Auto Status changes added. Now when a user makes a payment through the frontend User Panel, if the record is paid in full, the record status will change to Active or whatever you have it set to be for a fully paid registration.
- Modified Permissions for Records management so user access is not affected by permissions assigned to parent level user groups.
- Fixed issue with conditional email field usage.
- Fixed issue where the new group registration structure was not properly handling event capacities.
- Fixed calendar loading issue when it was loading only selected categories.
- Fixed issue with backend manual registration where event user group changes were made to the admin user, not the registrant.
- Fixed a field validation issue causing group registrations to not work properly. This mainly only affected forms where the "Confirm Email" was disabled, and even then, would only affect users depending on how they navigated the form.
- Fixed display of discount code calculation on the confirmation page in group registrations.
- Fixed member discounts as applied in the frontend user panel on record edits.
- Fixed PayPal Pro collection of email address for sending of receipt emails.
FEATURES & FIXES in BOTH versions for 1.5 / 1.7 / 2.5:
- Fixed email field validation issue that could affect duplicate registration prevention or any possible functions.
- Other miscellaneous fixes / tweaks included.
Top 100 Joomla Extensions... includes DT REGISTER!!
As you may have seen, Savvy Panda has released a Top 100 Joomla Extensions list. DT Register made #17! This list represents 1% of all extensions. See the list (and vote for DT Register!!) at http://savvypanda.com/Top100JoomlaExtensions.
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.
Make sure you read the docs inside of the new package and follow the instructions for upgrading!! We appreciate the support of our DTH followers and look forward to ongoing development with you all!