Yes, we've finally pushed the .7 to a .8. We initially released 2.7 in Nov. 2010 and that was a HUGE advancement in the development of DT Register, revamping the whole extension. Since then, we've released lots of regular updates with fixes and more newly added features all the time! We now have made available version 2.8.0, which is essentially a culmination of the development season that was 2.7.x. It has reached a very solid platform that future development can continue to build on.
First, please note that 2.8 is for Joomla 1.7/2.5 only. The 1.5 version has been updated to 2.7.19 and will not move beyond that. Version 2.8 and beyond will leave Joomla 1.5 behind. This is the next step forward as Joomla is in the process of moving to a version 3.0. Version 2.5 will be a long-term supported version so it's not going anywhere for quite some time... similar to the life of 1.5. A stable version of Joomla 3.0 is expected in April 2013. We will be working in the coming months to make sure that once that stable version is here, our extensions that are already running 2.5 now will be ready for 3.0. In the meantime, lots of other improvements and new functionality are in the works!
FEATURES & FIXES in 1.7/2.5 version Only:
- Full Frontend Records Management!! Yes, this is finally available for you :) The permissions structure is updated to allow control (front and back) of who can access records. If you can only see your own events to manage, then you will only see your records (front and back). The frontend management allows you all of the functionality for records that you have on the backend already. There's also new configuration parameters so you can show/hide various elements so you only see what you need and you can also make sure the management area fits within your template. Be sure to re-save permissions after upgrading to apply permissions as desired for records management.
- The new configuration tab for Frontend Management also includes some options for customizing what shows in frontend events and discount code management. One is that you now can have access to the Fee Ordering functionality on the frontend!
- Overhaul of detailed group registrations and editing! Now the page where you enter the number of members is gone. The user goes straight to the Member 1 page, then has the option of adding another member or completing registration and going to billing. This will work within the minimum and maximum group sizes established for each event. You can ALSO now have a group registration with ONE MEMBER! These changes will not only hopefully improve user experience, it will also help avoid potential session issues with group registrations.
- New option to assign an owner to any Pay Option setup. Now, for anyone who has permission to "Edit Own Event Only" will only be able to edit and use their own pay options. No more concern of users editing the pay options setup by other users! If you designate a pay option as "Global", then all users will have access to use it... but not edit unless they are the owner. After upgrading, be sure to re-save permissions as the previous two permission options for pay options have been replaced with one new one.
- New event listing configuration parameter allowing you to display the spots AVAILABLE for your events! Besides showing capacity or number registered, now you have the spots available option.
- New event listing config parameter allowing you to set link of the event image. It can now either show the popup of the full-size image like it always has, or it can be set to link to registration.
- New menu item option for a single event! Now you can easily create a menu item for a single event, which means that event will have its own ItemID to assign modules, templates, etc.
- New email tag [FEE_BREAKDOWN] to display the full fee breakdown as shown on the confirmation page during registration.
- Modified frontend CSV Export so if the user has access to manage all events... they will now have access to run CSV exports for all events, regardless of being a moderator or not.
- Modified any email management display by removing the long list of available email tags. It is replaced by a simple link that will show all possible tags in a lightbox window.
- Added a new payment option using the SIM integration of Authorize.net. DT has always used the AIM method, meaning the payment is taken all within your website. Now, you have the option of using SIM, which will redirect the user to an external secure page from Authorize.net to collect the payment, then redirect back to your site... similar to PayPal.
- Added "Middle Name" as a profile sync option for Community Builder users.
- Added a number of new currency options to be used as default currencies.
- Fixed issue where a conditional field that was required would keep a form from validating even if that field had not been activated by the conditional parameters.
- Fixed the calendar so month and daynames now load properly with language tags, allowing support for other languages from the language tags.
- Fixed issue where new fields were always assigned an order of 99. Now they'll be assigned whatever the next order number is.
- Fixed bug where record editing was available in the front User Panel even in some scenarios where it should not have been showing.
- Fixed event archiving from the frontend management.
FEATURES & FIXES in BOTH versions for 1.5 / 1.7 / 2.5:
- Fixed new field creation issue with the "All Events" parameter. Now, if the field is set to be enabled for All Events, then it will function as it has already. However, if the field is disabled for All Events, then the event management will show that field defaulting to "None" instead of "Default".
- Fixed issue where events would be dropped from the cart if a user used any other navigation in your site other than the built-in buttons of DT Register.
- Fixed issue where a required selection field could be bypassed if the selection limit had been reached for all values.
- Fixed issue where the "View Only Profile Data" feature was not working properly with checkbox and radio button fields.
- Fixed issue where CSV exports did not show the correct attendance status of each group member.
- Other miscellaneous fixes / tweaks included.
** BRAND NEW GOOGLE EXPORT PLUGIN **
You may or may not be aware of our ICS Import Plugin. Well, now we have a new Google Cal Export Plugin! This will work for Joomla 1.5 - 2.5 and will add a toolbar button to event management where you can select events and then export them into your Google Calendar. Like the Import plugin, the cost is $20. However, we have created a bundle purchase option so you can purchase both the Import and Export plugins together for $30! If you already have the Import plugin, please contact us for a discount code that will allow you to purchase the new plugin at a discounted price. Note that you will need to be using DT Register 2.8 (for 1.7/2.5) or 2.7.19 (for 1.5) for the plugin to work correctly. GET IT HERE!
Top 100 Joomla Extensions... includes DT REGISTER!!
As you may have seen, Savvy Panda has released a Top 100 Joomla Extensions list. DT Register made #17! This list represents 1% of all extensions. See the list (and vote for DT Register!!) at http://savvypanda.com/Top100JoomlaExtensions.
** WHAT IS THE STATUS OF JOOMLA 1.5? **
As as reminder, we have discontinued development of anything new in the 1.5 versions of our extensions and they will now receive important fixes only. In the near future, we'll hit a point where support for 1.5 versions ends completely so updating to 2.5 needs to be on your roadmap sooner rather than later.
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.
Make sure you read the docs inside of the new package and follow the instructions for upgrading!! We appreciate the support of our DTH followers and look forward to ongoing development with you all!