Wow, we've been working hard the last month or so on various improvements for DT Register! We're working always to improve overall stability and functionality, while adding features too of course. We have now released version 2.7.14, which includes some VERY IMPORTANT updates. EVERYONE needs to update right away as one of these items is a security fix. Please see the further details below...
- Added a new payment gateway option called PayFast! This is primarily a South African gateway and it's now available in DT Register.
- Made many improvements throughout the component on session usage, server resource usage, etc to help those users that would run into memory_limit issues or have random payment completion problems due to sessions being too large. For those that are running hundreds or even thousands of events and are using some cheap hosting account, you do get what you pay for :), but regardless of how good or bad your hosting is, all users will see improvements here with a smaller amount of memory used, smaller number of database queries being run and better handling of sessions.
- Fixed a reported SQL injection security issue. We do not believe this to be a major concern, but it IS a concern nonetheless and ALL USERS NEED TO UPDATE!!
- Fixed the creation of discount codes, so if you select the parameter "Per Event", the code will now NOT be activated for all of your events automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Fee Ordering for events was not always being properly implemented.
- Fixed an issue with the Google Maps integration that was affecting Joomla 1.5 users and not displaying the embedded map in the location popup.
- Fixed the amount display in the calendar popup so it shows the correct currency that is used for the event.
- Fixed an issue with the back button when used in the frontend user panel while making payments on a record.
- Fixed the calculation of the record pricing when modifying group records in the backend.
- Fixed the Email Registrants tool so it also sends to all group members, as long as configuration has that enabled.
- Fixed a language encoding issue affecting special language characters in the "Total Registration Cost" display during registration, mainly in the IE browser.
- Fixed the TagParser conflict with Kunena forum.
- Fixed the confirmation page issue back button when overlapping event check is enabled.
- Modified the CSV export file so in group records, the number of members, amount and amount paid only show ONCE in the row of the billing info and are not duplicated in the rows for each member. This helps for those that run calculations from these files.
- Updated the EventLink plugin so it now includes an ItemID parameter, so you can force what ItemID is used on the Register button created by the plugin.
- Other miscellaneous fixes / tweaks included.
** Have you updated to Joomla! 2.5 yet? **
Joomla 2.5 was recently released as general availability and DT Register was ready to go immediately! You can upgrade your site from 1.7 to 2.5 very easily. See this doc for instructions:
** EASIER UPGRADING NOW WITHIN JOOMLA 2.5 **
If your site is in Joomla 1.7 or 2.5, you now no longer need to uninstall the previous version of DT Register before upgrading! You can now install DT Register elements over top of the previous versions (as long as you were already in 1.7 or 2.5). Data is still retained, menu items are not lost, but remember that all files are still replaced... so still you need to first back up and customized files!
Where can I download these updates??
Glad you asked... Login to our site, go to My Orders. Next to your order details you will see a Download link. This link always pulls the latest package that is available. You have access to this link for one year from purchase. If your order is no longer active, you would need to make a new purchase to get any further updates. After downloading the update, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions in the readme file.
NEED LIVE TRAINING HELP?
Keep an eye on our website as we offer live training sessions for DT Register usually each week, so watch for dates, times, and links to get registered! The next session is this Wednesday, Feb. 29 at 2:00pm EST. Register at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/936458394.
Make sure you read the docs inside of the new package and follow the instructions for upgrading!! As always, we have more in store for you so stay tuned! Thanks for your ongoing support!