Saturday, 04 April 2009 19:00
Hello from DTH! We have released DT Register 2.4.3 today, which addresses a couple minor bugs but mostly adds a new feature that many have been waiting for... DISCOUNT CODES!
The new 2.5 version for 1.5 native is in final testing. We had hoped to release it by now, but have not had enough time in the last couple of weeks to complete everything. I'm sure you can appreciate that we are taking the time to make sure everything is working correctly instead of slapping it together to send it out the door! Anyway, the next announcement you will see from us will be to announce that 1.5 native is ready for DT Register!!
The items included in this release are:
- DISCOUNT CODES! There is now a new menu option where you can create multiple discount codes. They can be set for either a $ amount or % percentage. The discount will be taken off of the final registration price on either an individual or group registration. You can enable the discount code with a starting and ending date. Then in the Event Management area just below where you select the custom fields for that event, you now select which discount codes you want to enable for that event. IF at least one code is enabled, a new field will show at the top of the registration form allowing the user to enter their code. Now you can issue codes to your users to provide more options for specialized pricing for different user groups!
- PayPal IPN has been good for most people since the last release, but we did find another small issue that affected some. This fix has been applied.
- Added other currency selections which are supported by PayPal: ILS (Israeli New Shekels), and MXN (Mexican Pesos).
- Correction in CSV export so Pay Later items reflect the paid/not paid status correctly.
- Made improvements to the Email Registrants feature. For some users it was not sending the HTML properly. This has been resolved so HTML is fully supported in this email.
- Added a simple email link in the registration records where you can click the registration email link to send them an email using your default mail client.
- You can now use the [EVENT_DATE] tag in the subject of the thank you email.
For those that are upgrading, be aware that no changes were made to the main.css file in this release. Also, there are many new items added to the language file which you will find at the very bottom of the file.
HOW TO UPGRADE
To upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events, settings or records.