Sunday, 28 December 2008 20:00
For any of you DT Register users, we have a late Christmas present for you... we have just released version 2.3.4 of DT Register, which is mostly a bug release. There were not any significant issues in 2.3.3 but a few minor items that have been resolved. The improvements include:
- Improved flexibility for the frontend events listing display. In 2.3.3 if you chose to hide either of the columns for event capacity or number registered, the display was a bit off. Now that is not the case. Also, we added a new setting in the backend so you can specify the width of the Event Name column on the frontend list. We know some of you had hard-coded a width in... now that is not necessary.
- Miscellaneous admin side PHP notices and warnings have been resolved. These only would show if your error reporting was set to Maximum. Most of these notices were in relation to adding registration records manually in the backend.
- We have improved the interaction with PayPal payments. For everything to work ideally of course, users need to click the button at PayPal to return to your site. You should set your PayPal account to do this automatically. If you do not or can't for some reason, then the PayPal record IS still created, but will now be marked as NOT PAID, just like a Pay Later record works. You will get the admin notification email of the new registration, but the user will not receive the "thank you" email until payment is verified. Of course, if they DID pay, then you will receive an email from PayPal. Once you see payment was made, you simply mark their record in the admin of DT Reg as PAID. Then the thank you email is sent to the user and they know they are registered. If they simply did not pay, you will still have their record, but marked as unpaid and not counting towards your event capacity. You can delete the record if you desire. If the user decides to cancel and clicks the Cancel link at PayPal, then the record in DT Reg will be deleted as it worked previously.
- Custom Field placement in relation to individual and group registrations has been fixed.
- The initial release of 2.3.3 had a problem where an event NOT assigned to a category did not display. This was also fixed.
- Manual registrations in the backend has been improved so custom fields show correctly and manual group registrations calculate correctly.
- Records view now shows the event date with the event title
- Itemid was sometimes lost in the registration process. It should now remain throughout, helping those using different templates and various module setups.
- fix made related to jos_ database prefix.
As always, we continue to work on DT Register to make sure it is the best event registration solution for your Joomla website!
ALL USERS SHOULD UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION!!
If you are having any issues using an older version, you will need to upgrade. If your issue persists, you can log a support ticket.
To upgrade your current DT Register installation, login to your account, go to My Orders and click the Download link. UNZIP the downloaded file and follow the instructions in the included ReadMe file. When you uninstall the current version and reinstall the new one, you will NOT lose any of your events, settings or records. Of course, it is always a good idea to backup your database tables for DT Register just in case.
* LIVE TRAINING SESSIONS!! *
The next session will be on Friday, January 2 at 4:00pm (EST). We will go through the new features of 2.3.4, answer questions, etc. Space is limited and you must register. To do so, click here
Thanks for your ongoing support and suggestions!