Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lost Registration Records

Lost Registration Records 6 years 4 months ago #27305

• mregan
  • mregan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I was wondering if anyone else has seen the problem of missing registration records after payment. We have a long-term issue that around 1% of our registrations don't create records in DT Register but do show a payment in Paypal. When I've tracked the Paypal payment the missing registrations do not look any different than the ones that work. Both show the IPN being sent to DT Register and acknowledgement of receipt being returned to Paypal.
I've opened tickets on this but it's still going on. We do see around 10% of our registrations having blank Paypal transaction IDs. I think this may be related to the problem.
Any insight would be great.
Thanks
Mike Regan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lost Registration Records 6 years 4 months ago #27309

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have continually had both of these issues since we started using DT Register in 2011 as well. Our percentages are probably a little higher on the missing PayPal transaction ID's though, closer to 20%.

I've tried many times to figure it out and communicated on the forum and through tickets but have not found a solution yet...

We used to use the Cart function and turned off about 12 months ago. When using the Cart we had a much higher rate of missing registration records, probably closer to 10% :S It was very common to get payments for a group of 4 registrations but only have 3 of the registration records showing up in the system.

It is also quite common on busy days to have the PayPal transaction ID's showing up in the incorrect registrations. Example, Sally signs up, pays with PayPal, and her transaction ID gets filed into Billy's registration record while her Transaction ID field stays empty. Billy's transaction ID does not get recorded anywhere. Sally and Billy have no connection, they did not sign each other up, they live in different places, etc. There is no rhyme nor reason why Sally's transaction ID should show up in Billy's registration record.

Anyone else out there had similar issues and been able to get them fixed?

Last Edit: by shootfast.

Lost Registration Records 6 years 2 months ago #27428

• scrawford
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Also am having this issue as well. Any remedy found?

Lost Registration Records 6 years 2 months ago #27429

• nathan.dth
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 218
99% of anyone having this issue has always come back to a setup issue related to PayPal IPN or something blocking IPN from communicating back to DT Register. Search the many forum threads on the items to check. There are an extremely tiny number of cases where this occasionally happens beyond that.

The resolution we are working on will be here in the next DT Register update. We are working on it now... adding a new Incomplete record status. Records will be saved in DT Register after submitting data from the confirmation page (prior to payment) and with an Incomplete status. Then once the payment is completed, the record is updated to Active or Pending. This way, if you have an IPN issue and your payment notification doesn't get through to DT Register, you can easily find the record that goes with your payment and manually change it to Active.

This will be a huge help for this type of scenario. No ETA on it yet, but it's in process now. Thanks.

Nathan is no longer affiliated with DTH since the recent acquisition. You can connect with him and get any type of Joomla website help at www.JoomlaEmployee.com .

Lost Registration Records 6 years 2 months ago #27430

• mregan
  • mregan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Nathan,
That change would be awesome. We're still losing 1-2% of our registrations and have been for years. The IPN is correct and DT Register is responding to Paypal with a 200 but the record is not completed.
We also have ~5% of the records that are created have missing Paypal transaction IDs. This makes the search I do before each event to find orphan Paypal transaction more time consuming than it would be if the transaction ID was always recorded.
Maybe when we get the incomplete record status with the extra information we could figure out the cause of the transaction not fully completing.
Mike

Lost Registration Records 6 years 2 months ago #27431

• shootfast
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This will be a great addition to DTRegister, I can't wait for this update to roll out, there have been a few of us requesting this for years.

Nathan, quick question about:

nathan.dth wrote: 99% of anyone having this issue has always come back to a setup issue related to PayPal IPN or something blocking IPN from communicating back to DT Register.

If there was an IPN issue wouldn't we expect that we would never get the transaction ID's back into the registration records. I'm not sure why an IPN issue would only affect 5-10% of transactions? Shouldn't it either work, or not work?

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds