Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 9 years 6 days ago #24377

• rooster
  • rooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

I updatet DT register to the new version 3.1.1 and I get this Error
(Joomla 3.4.1 installed):

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1' at line 1 SQL=SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1"

Can someone help with a hint?

Thanks a lot.
rooster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 9 years 6 days ago #24378

• crd13tm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Getting the same error on my localhost installation running on XAMPP. Not getting it on my Prod server hosted by a provider.

On localhost, getting the error when I try to access any part of DT Register, therefore making the extension totally useless.

Tried DB Tweaks, wasn't sure of the right settings, but nothing I entered seem to make a difference.

Help?

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 9 years 1 day ago #24406

• Dazzler24
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm experiencing the same issue on my production server?
As soon as I try to access any part of the dt register component in the admin screen I get:-
"1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1' at line 1 SQL=SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1"

Joomla 3.4.1
Dt register 3.1.1
PHP 5.5.22 server
MySQL 5.623 server

Any clues? Thanks.

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 9 years 1 day ago #24408

• rooster
  • rooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I solved this problem very easy: I turned off the Plugin "System - DT Register SSL" in joomla. In my case it was the SSL "checkout". With turning off everything works fine then.

I hope this is a help to you.

Best
rooster

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 9 years 16 hours ago #24411

• Dazzler24
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Rooster,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately in my case I only have the dt_register component installed (to help in trying to find the issue) and so don't even have the plugin installed to be able to disable it.

Looks like it's something else for me.

Thanks though for your reply.

Cheers

Error "OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1" while updating DT Register 8 years 11 months ago #24413

• Dazzler24
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
For anyone including the developers of the product who may be interested, I believe I've found a solution to the issue that is affecting me in my particular environment and may ultimately affect others who use certain versions of MySQL above Version 5.

My Environment:-
Joomla 3.4.1
Dt register 3.1.1
Apache - 2.4.12
php - 5.5.22
MySQL - 5.6.23

I used the Joomla debug function to find the file that had the line of code that was causing the problem for me.

The file is:- /administrator/components/com_dtregister/dtregister.php

Line 28 - $query = "SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1";

When I remove the word OPTION from the line above and therefor the line now reads:-
$query = "SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1";
the component then works as expected.

This from a Google search....."SET OPTION is deprecated at least from version 5.0 of mysql"

I'm no expert but this appears to have fixed it for me. Happy to have real experts shed some light on this.

Hope this helps someone who might be or will be experiencing the same issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gmarsh, spruikit, jameswhufc

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds